Sunday, 21 December 2014
Thursday, 4 December 2014
Key aspects of this Unit:
This topic looks at the idea of God’s self revelation to humanity.
It explores the reasonableness of the evidence of revelation, and why revelation is questioned as a real experience.
- General revelation. Candidates will be expected to understand God’s revelation through scripture,
nature and conscience;
- Special revelation. Candidates will be expected to understand God’s revelation through a direct
meeting, vision or dream, including examples from
scripture, worship and prayer;
- the power of any type of revelation, and its impact on those receiving the revelation;
- what is learnt of God – qualities of God such as supremacy, immanence, transcendence,
personal nature, impersonal nature, omnipotence,omniscience and benevolence;
- the comparative strengths and weaknesses of general versus special revelation;
- the issue of reality or illusion in terms of any revelation;
Saturday, 22 November 2014
RE mock exam is on 10th of December. For this exam you need to revise only two topics: Existence of God and Revelation.
You can download booklets here (click in) Existence of God and Revelation available soon!).
Remember there are revision sessions available after school: Always on Thursdays in room 28, Mrs Silva-Clark, and on Mondays, room 29, with Mr Hampson. However, if you need help, please contact us at anytime!
Have a good revision !
Wednesday, 12 November 2014
Past Paper questions: Open here
- Common spelling mistakes: revelation, argument, theories
- Remember to read questions. Do not give your opinion when objective knowledge is expected ! Check command of words here
- When you answer, remember: Always show Point - Explain - Evaluation (if requested !)- Link !
Friday, 31 October 2014
Saturday, 25 October 2014
Monday, 29 September 2014
Types of religious experiences
- Communicating with God through prayer and meditation
- Feeling God’s presence in worship
- Feeling the presence of God in nature
- Experiencing a conversion
- Involvement in a miraculous event